Find the space to pause to connect
We seem to have so many different ways to connect from e-mail to text to social media to direct messages and so much more. Sadly with being so “connected” many are feeling isolated and alone. The busyness of life and all our ways to connect are taking us away from the human connection we crave.
To harmonize our lives and feel nourished connecting is key.
It is so interesting when we pause and listen this supports us in being present and we find new ways to connect. Consider some new ideas on how you can pause and step away from technology to open a new window and connect.
This could be as simple as:
- Inviting a friend to join you for a walk at your favorite beach
- Instead of working through yet another lunch while responding to e-mails reach out to several colleagues and friends to enjoy a beautiful lunch away from the office
- Inviting a friend to join you in a Pilates class at your local studio to enjoy a group class
- Calling a dear friend you have not spoken to as life has just gotten busy
- Smiling and saying good morning to those you meet each day who you cross paths
- Volunteering at senior’s centre to read a book.
- Look for ways to connect as this is how we build community.
It is through building these connections we move away from the place where many feel so alone and find that beautiful sweet spot to connect.
Wishing you a beautiful week.
Be nourished in all you do.
Photo is from Rathtrevor Beach on Vancouver Island, BC.
At The Nourished Executive we coach business professionals and share strategies to invest in wellbeing, manage stress and prevent burnout. Our founder, Sharon K. Summerfield, is a holistic nutritionist and certified breath coach, with an extensive business background. We have a strong commitment to giving back, investing in local community creating space for all students to consider careers in construction, science, technology, engineering and math
Add A Comment