Navigating the New Year
As many of us are starting to greet the New Year and return to some of our routines, let us consider a few ideas that will help support us as we continue to navigate these new waters of uncertainty.
- Begin your day with a mindful practice to ground you.
- Identify your top 6 priorities and focus on those.
- Block out time to check on your email and turn off your notifications.
- Shorten the time of all your meetings. Start meetings on time and end them early.
- Build transition time between meetings.
- Take breaks to move for minimally 30 minutes each day.
- Hydrate – Hydrate – Hydrate.
- Enjoy more whole foods rich in Omega 3 to nourish your brain.
- Sit down to enjoy your meals with no technology.
- Make conscious choices on how and when you work.
- Consider scheduling a morning or afternoon of thinking time away from technology.
- Remember to breathe.
This fall I had the true joy to expand my learning around breath and completed an accredited Breath Coach Certification. A simple breath exercise is
- Sit comfortably with your feet on the ground.
- Exhale through your nose.
- Inhale through your nose and count to 4.
- Pause for 4.
- Exhale through your nose and count to 4.
- Pause for 4.
- Repeat 4 times
This is a great exercise you can do anywhere.
The power of breath is a gift that can help you feel relaxed, present and mindful.
If learning more about Breath work interests you please contact me directly.
What new routines can you consider to feel more nourished?
Wishing you an amazing week. Be kind. Be patient. Take good care. Be nourished in all you do.
Photos at Rathtrevor Beach and Englishman River, taken by Sharon K. Summerfield
At The Nourished Executive we coach business professionals to be nourished in all they do. We have a strong commitment to giving back, investing in local community creating space for all students to consider careers in construction, science, technology, engineering and math.