Pumpkin Seed and Almond Butter Nourishing Oat Bars
This recipe has evolved over the past six months or so. I was first introduced to a version of this recipe by Tessa Fisher with Salted Plains. As I looked at the ingredients I wanted to expand on what Tessa had created and include more ingredients rich in magnesium.
This recipe is also featured in the ReKnew Countertop cookbook, on April 8th.
Earlier this year I made these bars for a visit with one of my sisters, along with the Earl Grey Shortbread Over the course of the afternoon, we enjoyed several different teas from The Denman Island Tea Company. Between my sister, my husband, her partner and myself, we ate the entire pan of Pumpkin Seed and Almond Butter Nourishing Oat Bars.
These bars are outstanding!! I’ve already made them twice – our family devours them. Sarah M.
As each of navigate these new times I have started sharing recipes, and this is one of them, to enjoy during Zoom calls. In the book The Surprising Science of Meetings, author Steven G. Rogelberg shares that food can be a wonderful addition to any meeting.
…we have consistently found in our research that snacks at meetings are a good predictor of positive feelings about meetings. Steven G. Rogelberg
This would be the perfect addition to any virtual meeting.
Look for ways that you can invite people to connect with food.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup plus 3 tbsp
- 3 cups slow cooking oats
- 2 tbsp orange zest (from approximately 1 to 2 oranges)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Combine almond butter, tahini, pumpkin seeds and 1/2 cup maple syrup. Mix together in a high speed mixer.
- Add slow cooking oats.
- Line 8 X 8 baking pan with parchment paper and press 3/4 of the oatmeal mixture into the pan. Place in the fridge.
- Melt coconut oil, add vanilla, remaining maple syrup, orange zest and cacao.
- Pour mixture over the oats mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture on top and then place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into bar sizes and enjoy.
We hope you enjoy these bars.
Be kind. Be patient. Take good care.
Be nourished in all you do.
At The Nourished Executive we coach business professionals to be nourished in all they do. We have a strong commitment to giving back, investing in local community creating space for all students to consider careers in construction, science, technology, engineering and math.